« Put capers in an empty tea bag, fasten with twist tie then throw
before serving if you don’t like them. »
Serving: 4 | Prep: 25m | Ready in: 55m
• 1 (16 oz.) package linguine pasta
• 1/3 cup butter
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• 2 zucchini, sliced
• 1/3 cup chopped garlic
• 3/4 cup chopped shallots
• 1/4 cup drained capers
• salt and pepper to taste
• 2 1/2 lbs. clams in shell, scrubbed
• 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 1/4 cup fresh basil
• Boil a big pot of lightly salted water. Add pasta; cook till al dente or for 8-
10 minutes. Drain.
• Preheat an oven to 230°C (450°F).
• Melt butter in a big heavy skillet. Add shallots, garlic, zucchini and red
pepper; sauté on high heat for 4 minutes till shallots start to soften. Mix in
pepper, salt and capers; take off from heat. Add shrimp and clams; toss till
• Put mixture in a big baking dish. Cover. In the preheated oven, bake till
shrimp is cooked and every clams have open. Don’t let the lid touch the
shrimp; they’ll stick and burn. Cook for 20-25 minutes, occasionally mixing.
• Put scampi on linguine; put fresh basil on top. Serve.
• Calories: 735 calories;
• Total Carbohydrate: 97.3 g
• Cholesterol: 235 mg
• Total Fat: 19.8 g
• Protein: 44.7 g
• Sodium: 615 mg