« “Very easy, but so great – steamed clams presented in the liquor
of its own. Serve over pasta or crusty Italian bread.” »
Serving: 4 | Prep: 25m | Ready in: 50m
• 50 small clams in shell, scrubbed
• 2 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
• 6 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 cup white wine
• 2 tbsps. butter
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
• Rinse clams to get rid of any sand or dirt.
• Heat oil in a big pot set on medium heat. Put in the garlic; stir-fry for 1
minute, or until softened. Add in white wine. Then boil until the wine has
lessened to half of the original volume.
• Place in the clams, cover, then steam until clams begin to open. Mix in the
butter, then cook, covered, until most or all of the clams open. Get rid of any
that do not open. Place clams and the juice in 2 big bowls. Dust with parsley.
• Calories: 192 calories;
• Total Carbohydrate: 4.3 g
• Cholesterol: 24 mg
• Total Fat: 12.8 g
• Protein: 3.9 g
• Sodium: 64 mg