« Lightly fried and very flavorful catfish fillets.’’ »
Serving: 4 | Prep: 30m | Ready in: 45m
• 1 cup cornmeal
• 2 tsps. ground cayenne pepper
• 2 tsps. paprika
• 1 tsp. onion powder
• 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 4 (4 oz.) fillets catfish
• 1 cup milk
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• Stir onion powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, and cornmeal together in a
mixing bowl. Mix well. On a large sheet of waxed paper, pour the mixture.
• Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
• In a medium bowl, pour milk. Dunk catfish fillets in milk then hold up for
the milk to drip off. Roll the milk-soaked fillets in the cornmeal mixture till
covered completely. Allow to rest.
• In the hot skillet, fry the garlic but do not burn. Add the coated catfish fillets
and allow each side to cook for 5-7 minutes, use salt to dredge on the fish
after every turn. Cook till fish easily flakes with a fork and turns golden
brown. Place on paper towels to strain.
• Calories: 489 calories;
• Total Carbohydrate: 32.7 g
• Cholesterol: 58 mg
• Total Fat: 29.3 g
• Protein: 22.5 g
• Sodium: 88 mg